Sunday, February 07, 2016

Day Three teaching at A Place To Create

Yesterday I got to spend the day at Gayle's  well set up store - A place to create. It's a lovely store with so much beautiful things to look at. Even I was distracted by all the bowls of lovely vintage lace and braids. For me it was the equivalent of a lollie bar with the person looking at it having been sugar free for a year! I had to touch and stroke all of them
First class was mixed media tags, and we all had so much fun. The two tags were quite different,  so lots of different things to do and products to play with. The first tag was had a white foundation with white laces and flowers. It looks quite beautiful and would be perfect as a wedding tag. At this point it takes a bit of courage to add the colour. All the ladies just jumped right in, and really got quite adventurous.  I really enjoyed watching their faces has the colours on their tag came together.  The second tag had a black background,  and two of Louise Nelsons peaacock feather chipboards to paint and spray.
Every one was so nice, and the mini cheese cakes for morning tea was so unexpected. 
Gayle had a delicious lunch for us, then it right back into it with my second class.

As I am doing this post on my tablet,  I can't drag my photo, very frustrating. So the photo below is my Victorian tag class, and the one above my which is my evening canvas class.

 The Victorian Tag class was a more traditional scrapbooking
project. So I was able to sit with the ladies at the table and just chat,. A plate of home made mud cake all helped the time pass.

Tea was a hummy gluten free pizza,  so I really felt quite spoilt.
Then it was time for the last class. 14 lovely ladies joined me to get their hands really dirty. We got to blow inks and flick paint, heat emboss chipboard, and sort out a pile of metal charms and cogs. At the start they were a bit tentative, but by the end they were flicking their paint like a pro. We used so many different mediums, textured paste, heavy white gesso, silk glaze paints, mica powder and more. It was great fun and I had a ball. The mud and cheese cakes made appearance again and when down well. So much for loosing weight for the cruise.
Gayle was so welcoming and like all the ladies I have taught for, really looked after me, checking I was drinking enough water, and making stop and sit down to eat.
It was a long but so enjoyable day. All you Queensland ladies are so nice and generous. It's a pleasure to teach and spend time with you all.
Today I am teaching at work shop wonders, as the oldest teacher, I get to go last, so now I am off to help in the other classes, will post again later today
Hugs
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment