Friday, March 16, 2012

Another Layout for Graphic 45

Hello everyone
One of my layouts from CHA is on Graphic 45's Blog. It is one I did on the two most important men in my life.
 I love the new “Olde Curiosity Shoppe” papers. This is a layout I did on my husband and son. They are on a ride at Water World (QLD) I started with two cardstocks, the first one was black with an aqua blue cardstock on top. I then put a piece of “Exquisite Motif” which is one of my favourite prints. I used “Olde Curiosity Shoppe" print for the diamond frame, which I double matted in black and terra cotta. Then I layered it on top of “Exquisite Motif”. I place another piece of “Exquisite Motif on top of the “Old Curiosity Shoppe" paper (I used the reverse side). This gave me a wonderful foundation on which to do my layout. I double matted my photo and added it to the page. I added some brads in the corners. I love adding layers to my work so I added a piece of ”Optical Oddities” over lapping the photo. A piece of “When Pigs Fly” for the title and “Optical Oddities” for the stripes. I used a penny farthing bike backed with a piece of “Counting Down” I used a staples brad from Graphic 45 to attach it to the page . The chipboard title, boarder, flourish, bike and clock is all from Imaginarium Designs. I love all the strong colours in the layout. Even though the prints look floral, the page is still masculine and suits my boys perfectly.
I am not a ride kinda Girl, so when the boy's told me that the pirate ship ride was ok, I was a bit skeptical as I don't even like the ferris wheel! I was persuaded to get on the ride with the condition that the boys would sit in front of me and face me, so I could get a photo. I will never get on that ride again. I took the photo only a couple of seconds into it. By the time the ride really got going, I had my eyes tightly shut and hanging on for grim death, with my bottom leaving the seat at the top of the ride. Never - Never again, not even for a million photos.

 Graphic 45 Print Papers
G4500424 Olde Curiosity Shoppe
G4500427Exquisite Motif
G4500427When Pigs fly
G4500426 Counting Down
G4500302 Metal Buttons
Chipboard – Imaginarium Designs
Distress inks.
Double side tape, Foam tape
Brads
Tim Holtz Spinner

thanks so much for looking
Jane
PS Have finished my Graphic 45 Design Team Project, will be posting it Monday. Please cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment