Friday, October 21, 2011

Two Layouts for Graphic 45

Hi Everyone
Hope Life is treating you well. Another busy month, with another big catering job this weekend. I am a Christadelphian and this weekend we have a big get together. It is my job along with a big group of wonderful helpers to cook a hot meal for the Sunday Lunch. Which is great until I tell you how many I have to cook for! 1400 jacket potatoes with the fillings. So 50kg of bacon later and over 16kg of cheese, 20lt sour cream not to mention, pineapple, beetroot, corn, and coleslaw. I love the challenge of making it all happen. Which I couldn't do without all the people who pitch in and help. But back to Graphic 45. I did a couple of layouts for them this month. This one is for Josh. I will share the second one next week, when I have more time.
The Magic of Oz Collection is wonderful. It works so well on all levels, whether it’s layouts or mini projects. This time I used it for a page on my son. As soon as I saw the Scatterbrained Scarecrow I wanted to use it on a layout. I had some photos of Josh taken when he was 12 years old. He decided to have a veggie garden, so he spent the day digging up a patch of our back yard. By the end of the day he was over it. It took Malcolm one whole Saturday morning to fill it all in. I used a sheet of Yellow Brick Road for the base of my layout mounted on black cardstock. I cut a frame from Domestic Goddess- Happy Homemaker. I added black brads in the middle of each flower on the border and worked the rest of my page with the frame. I cut the scarecrow images from Scatterbrained Scarecrow and used foam tape to build them up. I cut the pipe frame as well. The round scarecrow piece came from an 8x8 Magic of Oz pad as the image on the 12x12 paper was too large. I added another square in middle of my layout mated with black bazzill and photos. To finish my page I added corners and a title from Imaginarium Designs. The title was inked with a mixture of inks to get the right colour and sprayed with Iridescent spray to give it a shimmer. I even managed to do some journaling as well!
Materials used
Graphic 45
Magic of Oz – G45 00341 Yellow Brick Road, 2x G4500342 Scatterbrained Scarecrow, G4500340 The Magic of Oz,
Colourbox – Dark Brown fluid chalk
Imaginarium designs - IDC004 Swirl Corners, title “country at Heart”
Bazzill
Black Brads
Straw
Memories Mists - Iridescent
Double sided tape, foam tape, and glue.
So thanks for looking, I am still working on the tutorial for my online book. But still hope to start it before the end of the month (fingers crossed)
thanks again
Jane

3 comments:

  1. Jane , I love the country feel of your layout, wonderful design and the scarecrow really suits the layout and photo.
    Looks like you are going to have a busy weekend, hope you have some fun along the way , as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane... you rock!
    This is totally out of this world!
    Thanks for sharing your awesome talent with us! :)

    have a wonderful weekend! :)
    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. me again,
    just read about all the potatoes... omg, that's a lot of work!
    Wish I could be there and help you!

    ReplyDelete