Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Unity Stamps Blog Swap

Here is a page I did for Graphic 45's Unity Stamp Swap. The Stamps I received were quite modern and I wasn't sure where to go with them! So I did what I normally do, and chose some papers which look great together with a lightly pattern paper to stamp on. What next? well when I'm not sure where I am going with a layout, I fall back on the square in with a square layout. It never fails. So choosing one of the stamps to create a border on my page, I stamped it and embossed it with fine embossing powder. This makes the stamped image black and shiny, but as its fine embossing powder its not too heavy. Then I painted the flowers using Smooch Peralized Accent inks. I love these inks, the colours are brilliant and strong. You don't need too much ink and a water colour or aqua brush is a must. A small amount of ink on a damp brush is all you need.

Don't you love the heart chipboard shape, this is one my son Josh did for me. I used another stamp for the tag. One of the stamps is a journaling block so I used that. Ribbon, lace and tulle and I'm finished and really love the layout.

Thanks for looking

Jane

PS: Cards tomorrow!

PPS: Hope my box from Graphic 45 arrives today as I have an amazing idea and can't wait to get started

No comments:

Post a Comment